Thursday, May 24, 2007

Conflict of interest

Occasionally, one can bump into a scene on a website that reeks of incongruity. Ok, this may happen more than occasionally on the web. Nevertheless, the other day I checked in on Americablog, which tends not to be terribly enlightening but does bang through a lot of news. What greeted me at first sight was so jarring that I thought it must have been some sort of radical campaign whose banner was fixed to the top of the page.

But I was wrong.



Bear in mind that Aravosis is adamantly anti-war and anti-Bush. I don't imagine that oil companies figure prominently in his list of most admired corporations either. But there was Chevron (and still is), buying up the most prominent ad space on the anti-war Americablog.

Stop taking blood money, John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home