Thursday, April 12, 2007

The farting's over

I just want to say that George W. Bush is the syphilis president....

-- Kurt Vonnegut,
Ohio State University,
March 2006

More sad news as another accomplished and pissed off oldster who can't remember a worse government, Kurt Vonnegut, has passed away. Thankful, probably. As he once said, reflecting on the fact he was still alive during reign of terror that is the Bush administration,
I’m going to sue the cigarette companies because they haven’t killed me.
I'd just like to say that I am honored to have been published in The Humanist magazine, the publication of the American Humanist Association, an organization of which Kurt Vonnegut had been honorary president since 1992. This is my own, albeit somewhat removed, brush with greatness.

Your time to "fart around" has come to end, Kurt. Rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger SPIIDERWEB™ said...

Wow! 1° of separation. I'm impressed and not being snarky at all.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home