Sunday, January 22, 2006

Clooney Tunes

George Clooney decide to use his podium time at the Golden Globes to take an ill-advised shot at Jack Abramoff. Indeed, Clooney's remarks were entirely snide and graceless.

That being said, I still can't help but work up some amusement about Frank Abramoff (dear old dad) and his open letter to Clooney, castigating the actor for his crude comment, something which I will shortly engage myself. It's filled with invective but a couple of passages stand out:
We have had to endure two years of unmitigated, outrageous falsehood directed at my son and his record of achievement on behalf of his clients and friends.
Who could help but ask, Does Daddy Abramoff know his son copped a deal, pled guilty to fraud and conspiracy and that he snitched on who knows how many Republicans in an effort to reduce the time he will inevitably spend in the Big House getting hammered up the ass?

This next one seems even more clueless:
Not that it matters to you, I am sure, but the worst part of your tirade is that it played out in front of many young people, including my sweet 12-year-old granddaughter, one of Jack's five children. Jack did not waste his time watching the garbage spewing from your mouth, but his daughter did. You drove her to a fit of tears.
As much as I could see that Clooney's remarks would have such an effect, I wonder how teary the tyke will be on visiting days, when she sees Daddy in an orange jumpsuit walking toward her as he exits his cell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home