Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Gone riding

As a former bike racer, I could do nothing but laugh at this. Funny on several levels.
Saturday morning I got up early, put on my winter cycling kit, dressed quietly, filled my water bottles, grabbed my bike and gear bag, slipped quietly into the garage to load the car, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.

There was snow mixed with the rain, and the wind was blowing 40 mile gusts. I pulled back into the garage, tuned in the car radio's weatherband, and discovered that the weather would be bad throughout the day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered,

"The weather out there is terrible."

She sleepily replied "Can you believe my stupid husband is out training in this shit?!"
Thanks, Arch!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that I answered your comments on newsBriefsOman. Thank you for writing by the way.

It was impossible to find any way of contacting you from your blogspot, so I have had to leave a comment instead.

I am also on Blogger.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO..good one..touche'

5:04 PM  
Blogger theBhc said...

Hi Sue,

Thanks for popping over. I purposefully keep me email off blogger. Too many right wing loons bugging me, mostly. You'd think they'd stick to the comments.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home